What’s Behind You?
Save Me from the
Things I See.”
A spell for a more positive outlook on yourself.
Things you will need:
– One Mirror
– A cup of tea, milk, whatever (as long as it’s sweet or pre-sweetened)
– Two white candles
– One stick of lip gloss, lipstick, or other cosmetic
– Do this spell during a full moon, at whatever time of the day you wish. Set up your work area. Place the mirror in front of you, with one candle on either side of said mirror. Place the cup of sweet tea, milk, or whatever between you and the mirror. Put your cosmetic object of choice in front of your cup (closer to you than the mirror). Light your candles, and if you are the type to meditate before spell working, do so now.
– Once you feel you are ready, gaze upon yourself in the mirror. Look yourself over, and if you see anything that you feel is a flaw, notice it, but do not wallow in it. Take in every detail, and as you focus upon the image of your being, chant the following:
“Against the laws of nature, against the survival of man,
I’ve pitied and caused myself pain, but I’ve done all that I can
To help myself out, to make myself feel better,
To make myself feel that I really matter.
No more wallowing in sadness, no more pity, no more regret,
Over my appearance, my flaws, and everything else,
I will no longer fret.
I’m beautiful, I matter, I’m not a hunk of flesh
That doesn’t mean anything to anyone here.
I made a difference in at least one person’s life,
and I will not fail to recognize that.”
– Take your cosmetic of choice, and depending on whether or not you wear makeup, put it on or crush the tube. Once you’ve done so, look yourself over in your mirror, and compliment yourself. Remind yourself of all the nice and wonderful things you’ve done in the past and present. Forget all of the bad things that have happened, and once you feel your spirits have been lifted, treat yourself to what you have in your cup. If you did the spell during the daytime, go about your day and do things that make you feel good. If you did the spell during the night, tuck yourself in and make yourself as comfortable as you can.